Most of the anxiety we feel is based on thoughts, not reality.
Your life is filled with stress. It is inevitable in today’s society. Work, family, friends, projects, even commuting can be stressful. But our mind creates the most of the stress.
Stress by itself is not necessarily bad. It’s part of life, it’s essential for growth. There is positive stress and negative stress, the difference hides in the context of its existence.
If it’s a byproduct of following your heart and purpose, then it is positive stress. But most of our stress is due to overthinking and anxiety, imprisoned by a lifestyle we have created.
Most of the things we stress about exist only in our mind. Anxiety is as old as the world, but we haven’t learned how to live with it. We try to run away and create more of it.
The secret in all of this is not learning how to control stress, thoughts, anxiety, but how to not let them control you. These quotes will relax your mind and show you what I mean.
10 Quotes For Anxious People To Relax Their Mind:
1. “Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.” — Deepak Chopra
2. “You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you.” — Dan Millman
3. “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” — Walter Anderson
4. “I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth diminishing your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear.” — Steve Maraboli
5. “Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it, just as we have learned to live with storms.” — Paulo Coelho
6. “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.” — Robert Eliot
7. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
8. “To live by worry is to live against reality.” — E. Stanley Jones
9. “Good humor is a tonic for mind and body. It is the best antidote for anxiety and depression. It is a business asset. It attracts and keeps friends. It lightens human burdens. It is the direct route to serenity and contentment.” — Grenville Kleiser
10. “He who is not everyday conquering some fear has not learned the secret of life.” — Shannon L. Alder