Running is something I love doing A LOT! I don’t know why, probably because it’s The Best Activity a Human Can Do, but I fell in love with running. The love first started when I’ve read a couple of running quotes by some famous runners.
You probably wonder “Why do a life coach speak so much about running, actually, why does he have A Separate Category Just About Running?”
If there is 1 activity to choose that can steer your life towards success, happiness and unlocking your true potential, running would be chosen no questions about that. In fact, running could be the only activity that connects all of those dots together.
It is something about the freedom you feel while you forget about your legs, breathing and tempo, about the fulfilling sensation of your body and the clarity of your mind.
Every time I run I discover something more of myself, something deeper of my soul. Every run I have is like a movie in which I learn a lesson about life.
Maybe it’s just me who learns lessons while running but sure as hell running is an inspirational life changing activity.
Almost anyone who has a decent amount of experience with running has their own quote about this activity and its benefits.
These are the top 10 running quotes by famous runners which prove that running is far from being just a simple activity we do to lose weight.
10. “Every morning in Africa a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must move faster than the lion or it will not survive. Every morning a lion wakes up and it knows it must move faster than the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn’t matter if you are the lion or the gazelle, when the sun comes up, you better be moving.” – Maurice Greene
9. “I definitely want to show how beautiful the marathon can be. I am the opponent of all those who find the marathon bad: the psychologists, the physiologists, the doubters. I make the marathon beautiful for myself and for others. That’s why I’m here.” – Uta Pippig
8. “I tell our runners to divide the race into thirds. Run the first part with your head, the middle part with your personality, and the last part with your heart.” – Mike Fanelli
7. “We are different, in essence, from other men. If you want to win something, run 100 meters. If you want to experience something, run a marathon.” – Emil Zatopek
6. “Some people create with words, or with music, or with a brush and paints. I like to make something beautiful when I run. I like to make people stop and say, “I’ve never seen anyone run like that before.” It’s more than just a race, it’s a style. It’s doing something better than anyone else. It’s being creative.” – Steve Prefontaine
5. “It’s hard to run and feel sorry for yourself at the same time.” – Monte Davis
4. “In running, it doesn’t matter whether you come in first, in the middle of the pack, or last. You can say ‘I have finished.’ There is a lot of satisfaction in that.” –Fred Lebow
3. “Most runners run not because they want to live longer, but because they want to live life to the fullest. If you’re going to while away the years, it’s far better to live them with clear goals and fully alive then in a fog, and I believe running helps you to do that. Exerting yourself to the fullest within your individual limits: that’s the essence of running, and a metaphor for life — and for me, for writing as whole. I believe many runners would agree” – Haruki Murakami
2. “I run because it’s so symbolic of life. You have to drive yourself to overcome the obstacles. You might feel that you can’t. But then you find your inner strength, and realize you’re capable of so much more than you thought.” – Arthur Blank
1. “It’s very hard in the beginning to understand that the whole idea is not to beat the other runners. Eventually you learn that the competition is against the little voice inside you that wants you to quit.” – George Sheehan
I hope you start to realize that Running is Far Beyond Being Just an Activity. It is a ritual, a movement through which your soul, heart and body meet in your mind. It is a harmonious tuning to your real frequency; the practice of opening the doors of your true potential.
As I said, every experienced runner has its own running quote so I’ll finish this article with mine:
“Running is more than putting one foot after another; it’s more than exercise, more than a sport. It’s a way of walking through your own hell, fighting your own demons and creating your own hero. Running is a way to heaven. Running is a way of becoming your own hero.” – Dejan Davchevski
THE CODE <Running is beyond being just a simple activity, running is a way of becoming your own hero>