Psychology is a science that enables us to dive deep into the mechanisms that drive our behaviors.
Carl Jung is undoubtably one of the best free divers inside the human psyche that were able to bring back mindboggling knowledge, discoveries and answers about our psyche’s greatest mysteries.
Throughout all of his work he might be most famous for his Shadow work, The Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious however, if you try to dig deeper into his brilliant mind you will find his greatest treasures.
These treasures are simple quotes and paragraphs that are exposing easy to understand explanations about complex psychological dynamics of the human Psyche. And he would spread those around on every paper.
In this article we tried to gather the Top 10 quotes from Carl Jung’s work that, in our opinion, are the most powerful realizations that you can have about human psychology. But first let’s quickly see his brilliance.
The Brilliance of Carl Jung:
During his life Carl Jung invented many terms that are still used in psychology today like The Shadow, the Collective Unconscious, he loved to look within historical narratives and see similarities.
What he basically saw is that we all share a collective unconscious mind. Many cultures without even knowing about each other’s existence came up with similar religions, archetypes and habits.
Carl Jung theorized that due to the nature of our similar humanity, we share similar mechanisms that operate within our mind and that give similar and, in some cases, even the same explanations of outside events.
He saw the human being as a dual interaction between the matter and the immaterial, the body and the psyche. This is what is referred to as dualism in dualism psychology.
One of his greatest discoveries was The Shadow, the part within our Self that we disown and reject. This part is then projected upon events and people in the outside world. Here are his greatest quotes.
Top 10 Quotes by Carl Jung:
1. “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.”
2. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.”
3. “The pendulum of the mind oscillates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong.”
4. “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.”
5. “People will do anything, no matter how absurd, to avoid facing their own souls.”
6. “One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.”
7. “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
8. “Thinking is difficult, that’s why most people judge.”
9. “As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being.”
10. “Whatever is rejected from the self, appears in the world as an event.”