You have probably heard about CBD and it’s potential health effects. The awareness of CBD is growing all around the globe.
In the world of medicine, cannabidiol or CBD is taking a popular spot among patients because of its promising and proven health benefits.
It has been shown in a lot of clinical trials and studies that CBD has natural anti inflammatory, antioxidant, anti anxiety, and anti pain or analgesic properties all rolled into one cannabinoid.
But, how does CBD works inside your body?
This article will cover how CBD affects the body and its physiological and psychological processes by identifying its benefits at the cellular level.
CBD and the Endocannabinoid System:
The endocannabinoid system refers to a biological system that has been discovered in the 1990s, which is composed of endogenous lipid based neurotransmitters or endocannabinoids.
These endocannabinoids bind to cannabinoid receptors and proteins found in the nervous system.
The endocannabinoid system doesn’t only respond to the body’s naturally produced endocannabinoids but also to external cannabinoids, such as cannabidiol.
Here’s how CBD works with the body’s endocannabinoid system.
1. CBD aids in regulating important functions of the body. Cannabidiol acts upon CB1, cannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system, and CBD2 receptors, these are cannabinoid receptors found in the other parts of the body, producing different positive outcomes. CBD impacts these receptors indirectly by activating receptors that regulate important functions, such as pain perception, inflammation, and body temperature.
2. CBD helps promoting positive emotions. It increases the bliss molecule or anandamide levels in the body, which plays an important role in motivation and pleasure.
3. CBD reduces signs of certain ailments. When CBD is introduced to the human body, it helps reduce the signs and symptoms of different illnesses, such as epilepsy, anxiety, chronic inflammation, multiple sclerosis, depression, rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, and even opioid withdrawal.
CBD and How It Works on the Skin and Muscles:
When CBD is absorbed by the skin, you’ll also experience skin health benefits, such as reduced skin irritation, redness, and dullness. Also, there are plenty of benefits of CBD massage oil, not just on the skin but also in the underlying muscles, which helps in faster workout recovery. Hence, it’s not surprising why CBD is now being used by athletes and workout enthusiasts as part of their daily routine.
Here’s how CBD work on keeping the skin and muscles functional and healthy.
1. CBD oil is anti catabolic. This means that it can help regulate hormone levels, such as cortisol, for increased protein synthesis and muscle growth.
2. CBD allows the muscles to heal faster and get much stronger as compared to traditional products. During sleep, the body produces a growth hormone, melatonin, that helps facilitate muscle recovery.
3. CBD oil has amazing antioxidant properties that counteract free radical damage. It reduces the signs and symptoms of skin inflammation and premature aging. For instance, CBD anti aging creams diminish wrinkles, fine lines, ruddy skin tone, and skin dullness.
CBD and Pain Management:
CBD oil is used by a lot of people to stay healthy and combat pain, such as neuropathic pain caused by inflammation or damage to the nerves. Also, CBD is an effective pain treatment for nociceptive, or acute pain, as a result of tissue damage or injuries, such as fracture or arthritis.
Here’s how CBD can help relieve pain.
1. CBD helps in calming inflammation. Along with other natural supplements, CBD acts as a supplement in managing neuropathic pain, which also calms inflammation regardless of the root cause.
2. CBD helps in relieving pain. According to one 2018 review, CBD can help relieve chronic pain, such as fibromyalgia, neuropathic pain, and even cancer pain.
CBD and Psychological Health:
As already mentioned, CBD increases anandamide levels, which plays a vital role in motivation and pleasure. Taking CBD oil can help improve mood and relaxes the mind, which would also positively impact mental health.
Here are some ways that CBD can be used to improve psychological health.
1. CBD regulates serotonin. It increases serotonin or the happy or feel good hormone, increasing its levels on the blood to keep you in a positive mood.
2. CBD indirectly works with pain receptors, resolving the root cause of pain by reducing inflammation to avoid or reduce the perception of pain. With decreased or no pain, a person’s quality of life is improved, which is good for mental health. You’ll be able to do things, like sports, gardening, or your favorite hobbies, you cannot usually do when you’re in pain.
What More You Need to Know About How CBD Works:
Cannabidiol or CBD acts indirectly in regulating the body’s different functions, such as pain perception, sleep, muscle recovery, and stress and anxiety.
Using CBD products is shown to be effective in reducing signs and symptoms of a wide array of medical conditions, including arthritis, epilepsy, and side effects of chemotherapy among cancer patients.
CBD works by interacting with the body’s endocannabinoid system, activating or inhibiting hormones and chemicals from attaining better health.
This article is simply an informational piece about the health benefits of CBD oils. Always consult with your doctor before making decisions about your health.