The answer of the nature of consciousness is much closer than you think, in fact, too close so you can grasp.
One of the biggest questions that great thinkers struggle answering ever since we first became self aware, is the nature of consciousness.
From scientists and spiritual gurus to great philosophers and writers, they all struggle to explain the phenomenon of consciousness.
And when you think about it, maybe the search for an answer is a fool’s errand. Maybe we are too close to the picture to see what it means.
Maybe we are integral part of the thing we try to observe. How can the observer observe the observing? There’re quotes that can give us a glimpse.
Majority of these great quotes agree on one thing. Consciousness is the fundamental ocean and everything arises from it. Here they are.
10 Profound Quotes About Consciousness:
1. “If you shift from compulsiveness to consciousness, being joyful will not be an effort.” — Jaggi Vasudev
2. “We are the cosmos made conscious and life is the means by which The Universe understands itself.” — Brian Cox
3. “You are one thing only. You are a Divine Being. An all powerful Creator. You are a Deity in jeans and a t shirt, and within you dwells the infinite wisdom of the ages and the sacred creative force of All that is, will be and ever was.” — Anthon St. Maarten
4. “The awakening of consciousness is the next evolutionary step for mankind.” — Eckhart Tolle
5. “The Divine is present in everyone, in all Beings, in everything. Like space it is everywhere, all pervading, all powerful, all knowing. The Divine is the principle of Life, the inner Light of Consciousness, and pure bliss. It is our very own self.” — Amma
6. “Everyone and everything that shows up in the world of form in this Universe originates not from a particle, as quantum physics teaches us, but from an energy field. That energy field can be called God, soul, spirit, or consciousness. It looks a certain way, sounds a certain way, and feels a certain way. I try to stay in harmony with what I believe it sounds and feels like.” — Wayne Dyer
7. “Absolute consciousness is manifest here in every circumstance of daily life because it is everywhere full and perfect. Consciousness is said to be the cause of all things because it is everywhere emergent as each manifest entity.” — Abhinavagupta
8. “The consciousness in you and the consciousness in me, apparently two, really one, seek unity and that is love.” — Nisargadatta Maharaj
9. “There is a God part in you. The consciousness. The pure Self. Learn to listen the voice of that Power.” — Amit Ray
10. “I regard consciousness as fundamental. I regard matter as derivative from consciousness. We cannot get behind consciousness. Everything that we talk about, everything that we regard as existing, postulates consciousness.”— Max Planck