We are all in this together.
It’s so easy to forget that we are all on this planet together, that we are all human beings, doing our best with what we know best at the moment.
It’s so easy to forget. The daily stress, the hectic way of living, the lack of connection, it’s all conspiring to make us see the world as separate from us.
But it’s all an illusion. You are not separate from other people, you cannot be even if you tried your whole life.
You are affected by every single soul on this planet, and every single soul is affected by you. We are all connected to everything and everyone else.
That’s why your personal victory over the darkness within you affects everyone. It’s ok to be stressed, but remember to tune back to compassion.
10 Beautiful Quotes That Will Tune You To Compassion When You Are Stressed:
1. “Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle.” — Plato
2. “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.” — John Green
3. “A human being is a part of the whole called by us Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty.” — Albert Einstein
4. “No one has ever become poor by giving.” — Anne Frank
5. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” — Dalai Lama
6. “If your compassion does not include yourself, it is incomplete.” — Jack Kornfield
7. “We all want to help one another, human beings are like that. We want to live by each other’s happiness. Not by each other’s misery. We don’t want to hate and despise one another. And this world has room for everyone, and the good Earth is rich can provide for everyone.” — The Great Dictator
8. “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” — Albert Schweitzer
9. “Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check, but that is not what I have found. It is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
10. “I used to want to save the world. To end war and bring peace to mankind, but then I glimpsed the darkness that lives within their light. I learnt that inside every one of them there will always be both. The choice each must make for themselves, something no hero will ever defeat.” — Wonder Woman