One of the greatest psychiatrists and psychologists that ever existed was the legendary Carl Gustav Jung.
His depth of understanding the psyche was so profound that it was almost like he could see extra layers of reality hidden from normal folk.
He spoke of a greater collective unconsciousness where we are all connected, a field that is connecting all of us.
This field was, according to him, a collective of every single human who has ever lived, it’s like the inherited greater dream we all become part of.
His ideas were profound and his teachings were brilliant. Here are the 10 greatest quotes by this legendary psychologist.
10 Greatest Quotes By Carl Jung:
1. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people.”
2. “Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”
3. “A man who has not passed through the inferno of his passions has never overcome them. As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being. Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.”
4. “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.”
5. “The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are.”
6. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word ‘happy’ would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.”
7. “Your visions will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams, who looks inside, awakes.”
8. “Thinking is difficult, that’s why most people judge.”
9. “The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances, if there is any reaction, both are transformed.”
10. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people.”