Wonder is all around you if you can see with the right eyes.
Do you remember when you were a child, how exciting the world was for you? Everything you looked at was wondrous.
However, as we grow old and dive into the dynamics of society we slowly lose this childlike sense of wonder.
The world becomes just a boring sequence of routines that you mindlessly do, almost everything looks the same.
Even if you hear amazing things that science has just discovered, or see a beautiful natural scenery, it’s just nothing special to you.
The problem is not that you are grown up, or that there is nothing special out there, it’s in your boring perception. These quotes will explain better.
10 Quotes That Will Make Give You Childlike Wonder:
1. “The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder.” — Ralph Sockman
2. “Wonder rather than doubt is the root of all knowledge.” — Abraham Joshua Heschel
3. “He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead, his eyes are closed.” — Albert Einstein
4. “Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.” — Socrates
5. “The world will never starve for want of wonders, but for want of wonder.” — G. K. Chesterton
6. “We carry within us, the wonders we seek around us.” — Sir Thomas Browne
7. “Look at everything in the world as if you are seeing it for the first time, and paint everything as if you were seeing it for the last time.” — Andrew Hamilton
8. “The eye is always caught by light, but shadows have more to say.” — Gregory Maguire
9. “The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.” — Rumi
10. “The feeling of awed wonder that science can give us is one of the highest experiences of which the human psyche is capable.” — Richard Dawkins