Truth is really rare these days. I mean real truth, the one that penetrates through all the pretense and speaks directly to your honest heart.
There are all these shoulds and woulds of how life should be lived, but if you want an honest advice, go to old people. They will tell you exactly like it is because they have nothing to pretend for anymore.
Such wisdom grows with years because as you age you grow tired of all the fakery around you. You simply don’t have time and energy to tolerate any more of those insignificant games society plays. So you focus only on what’s real and true to your heart.
By learning from the wisdom of those who are ahead of us, we become wiser with our choices when it’s our time to experience them.
Because life is short, learning all the life lessons with our own experiences is impossible to attain.
That’s why every person who aspires to live their life the best they can has to study and learn from the lessons provided by other people who walked their journey to the truth.
Chanakya, (350-275 BCE) was an Indian statesman and philosopher, chief advisor and Prime Minister of the Indian Emperor Chandragupta, the first ruler of the Mauryan Empire.
He was famous for his brutal wisdom and telling things as they truly are.
The following quotations by Chanakya made me a better person just by reading them!
15 Hardcore Quotes by Chanakya:
1. “A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.”
2. “The fragrance of flowers spreads only in the direction of the wind. But the goodness of a person spreads in all directions.”
3. “God is not present in idols. Your feelings are your God. Your soul is your temple.”
4. “A man is great by deeds, not by birth.”
5. “Never make friends with people who are above or below you in status. Such friendships will never give you any happiness.”
6. “Treat your kid like a darling for the first five years. For the next five years, scold them. By the time they turn 16, treat them like a friend. Your grown up children are your best friends.”
7. “Learn from the mistakes of others… You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself.”
8. “Education is your best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.”
9. “Even if a snake is not poisonous, it should pretend to be venomous.”
10. “There is some self-interest behind every friendship without self-interest. This is the bitter truth.”
11. “Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions: Why am I doing it, What the results might be, and Will I be successful? Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead.”
12. “As soon as the fear approaches near, attack and destroy it.”
13. “The world’s biggest power is the youth and beauty of a woman.”
14. “The biggest guru-mantra: never share your secrets with anybody. It will destroy you.”
15. “Once you start working on something, don’t be afraid of failure and don’t abandon it. People who work sincerely are the happiest.”