Time to break down the benefits you can receive from consuming garlic, and to show you a really easy way to grow your own supply right at home.
Garlic is jam packed with vitamins and one has only around 42 calories. It’s rich in manganese, vitamin B6, Vitamin C, selenium, calcium, and potassium. That’s just naming a few. Garlic is super good for you but not only that.
Garlic boosts your immune system to keep you healthy. If you may be someone prone to getting sick, you should be eating more garlic. Research has shown eating garlic can reduce your chances of getting sick by up to 63 percent! (source)
Ingesting garlic often can reduce your risk of heart disease substantially. As well as help your body process cholesterol efficiently and lower blood pressure.
In additional to being a super-food, garlic is also super easy to grow.
All you need to do is follow these simply 5 steps:
1. Break up the garlic bulb into cloves and bury them a couple inches deep in loose, damp soil.
2. Make sure you keep the pointed side of the clove facing upwards.
3. When your garlic sprouts, make sure to give them water when the topsoil feels dry but be sure to not overwater – garlic tends to not need too much water.
4. Cut off any flowers that bloom to preserve the flavor of your garlic.
5. Once your garlic plant has 5 or 6 leaves, it’s ready to be pulled up!
Source: Organic And Healthy;