They say that you cannot choose your family but you can choose your friends.
If that’s the case why don’t you surround yourself with the best people out there? I know, I know. It’s hard to find real friends these days. But let’s approach this problem from a different angle.
Why don’t you filter out the negative people in your life and what you’re going to be left with would be the positive people who help you be the best version of yourself.
But how do you know who is negative and who is positive?
Note that friendship goes beyond who is positive or negative for you. If you are friends with someone who is negative for you don’t just let them go. Speak with them, explain what you don’t like and compromise.
Finally, if they do not want to compromise, then consider letting them go.
Ok, so how do you know what kind of friends are negative?
After various observations and researches, success stories and examples, there are 9 traits that describe the negative people in your life:
- They find time for you only when it suits them;
- They blame you for something from your past;
- They suppress your potential; you feel trapped when you are around them;
- They constantly belittle your dreams and possibilities;
- They lied to you more than once;
- They transfer their negativity to you;
- They envy you for what you have;
- They motivate you to judgment and hatred;
- They want you to be someone else; not better, but someone else; not the real you, but someone else;
If you find yourself surrounded with people for who 2 or more from these are true, consider letting them go. They are not good friends for you.